Terms and Conditions
Please read the following carefully
As part of signing up for a V&B Athletic course, you will be asked to confirm that you have read, understood and will be bound by these terms and conditions.
Your Health and Your Promise to UsRunning, high-intensity exercise and outdoor training are all high-risk activities that carry with them a risk of injury, including serious injury. We will always work with you to provide to the best of our ability, a safe and supportive training environment, and adapt that environment to suit your capabilities. However, while you have provided some personal information to us unless you keep us fully and regularly advised of your health and fitness, we are not aware of your state of health or fitness or your physical capabilities and limitations. On the day you sign up to one of our courses and every time you attend a session with us, you promise us that you:
- are in good physical condition; and
- know of no medical or other reason why you cannot or should not do active or passive exercise.
If you believe any activities of V&B Athletic might risk your health, you must tell us this in writing with full details. You must also tell us if your medical condition changes after you join. We may choose to refuse to accept your booking with V&B Athletic or to allow you to take part in our courses until:
- your doctor agrees in writing that you are fit to exercise
- you show us proof that you have received medical advice on an appropriate exercise program.
Course participants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of their course commencement date.
Any persons under the age of 18 must have written consent to their attendance provided by a parent or guardian.
Your course booking is not confirmed until V&B Athletic have received:
- Your full course fee (unless other arrangements have been made with V&B Athletic)
- Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
Credit Card Details
V&B Athletic does not store your credit card details, not even in an encrypted format. Credit card details are stored by our payment gateway Stripe. This means that V&B Athletic cannot retrieve your card number but can charge your nominated card on file.
Changes to Course Dates and Times
V&B Athletic reserve the right to vary or cancel your course if necessary. In the unlikely event of cancellation, V&B Athletic will provide an alternative course date to you or your course fee will be refunded in full (or in the case of mid-course will be partially refunded). If your coach(s) or instructor(s) are unable to take a course session for an unknown reason then V&B Athletic, at their discretion, will offer you an additional session.
Your Attendance and Being on Time
You must not attend any V&B Athletic course or session, without prior notification to and consultation with your instructor(s)/coach(s), if you:
- have a contagious illness
- have serious injuries, an infection or other ailments such as an open cut or sore
- present any other risk, however small, to other clients of V&B Athletic
- are pregnant
- You will arrive prior to the scheduled start time of your registered V&B Athletic course.
- You will be ready to commence training at the times given.
- You understand that late arrival may result in non-participation at your own expense.
- If you are late, the session/course will start without you.
- If you miss all or part of your course (for reasons including lateness, illness, injury or work commitments) then you will not be entitled to a refund of any part of your course fee.
If you have missed a session for reasons including those set out above, V&B Athletic will not (except at their absolute discretion) offer any makeup sessions or credits/refunds for those sessions.
Photographs, media and likeness
You agree and confirm that V&B Athletic may use any images, video or likenesses of you that you supply to us or that are taken during V&B Athletic courses, for promotional or marketing use of V&B Athletic programs, including on social media, printed materials and video advertising or any other form of media. If you have any personal, religious or other objections to that use please advise us of those objections in writing at the time of registering with us.
V&B Athletic will not be held responsible for:
- any injury or illness you suffer as a result of an on-going medical condition or a poor standard of health or fitness;
- any aggravation of pre-existing or previous injuries sustained by you;
- any medical condition, injury or illness which you sustain during any course run by V&B Athletic;
- any damage to or loss of your personal property during any course or session run by V&B Athletic.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless V&B Athletic and all of its employees, licensees and agents from any and all direct or indirect losses for which V&B Athletic or its employees, licensees or agents may become liable as a result of any claims or actions which you make or which are made on your behalf due to any direct or indirect losses that you may suffer as a result of attending a course run by V&B Athletic.