As a father of 2 and partner with 20 years practicing at the world's largest international law-firm, David has learned the vital importance to body, mind and family of making time for exercise in an extremely busy professional career and personal life. He is constantly pushing his own personal boundaries and is passionate about showing others that they too are capable of so much more than they might have previously thought possible.
Spend time with his family over some board games, Lego building or exploring the many wonderful places this world has to offer us. You will also regularly find him heading down to his local beach for a swim or to work on his board and surf ski skills with the Wanda Surf Lifesaving Club.
Using his love of endurance running and cycling events to help others achieve things they may have (like himself) previously thought impossible, and to raise funds for charities that work with kids and families in Australia and overseas to create real, long-term health and educational benefits.
Over $100,000 through his participation in numerous Oxfam Trailwalker events as well as 3 years of the Steve Waugh Foundation's "The Captain's Ride" an annual 6-day 800km bike ride. In May 2018 DJ will be taking part in the Bali Hope Ultra, an 84km coast to coast run in Bali that aims to raise funds to transform the lives of 100 children in a single rural Indonesian village.
At Wanda Surf Club and a regular competitor in Open and Masters soft sand running races around Australia over distances ranging from 1km to 21km.
- Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (UTMB) - 2012 and 2016 - Mont Blanc, France
- The North Face 100 (now UTA100) - 100Km (4 completions) - Blue Mountains, NSW
- Oxfam Trailwalker (6 completions) - Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne
- Great North Walk 100s - 176km - Teralba to Patonga, Central Coast NSW
- Motatapu Adventure Race - 51km - New Zealand
- Narrabeen Allnighter - 24 hour endurance run - Lake Narrabeen, NSW
- Buffalo Stampede Grand Slam - 145Km - Bright, VIC
- Hounslow Classic Ultra - 70Km - Blackheath, NSW
- Various Spartan, Tough Mudder, half-marathon and charity running events around Australia
- ORIGINAL BOOTCAMPTM Night Sweats - A continuous 6 hour, midnight to dawn, intensive bootcamp experience.
- ORIGINAL BOOTCAMPTM The Longest Day - A continuous 25 hour event created to give civilians an insight into the level of physical and mental fortitude required to endure Special Forces selection training without having to commit to military service.
- L'Etape Australia Cycle Race - 175Km - Snowy Mountains, NSW
- The Captain's Ride - 800Km (3 completions) - NSW and Tasmania
- Current First Aid Certificate & CPR Certificate
- Level 1 ORIGINAL BOOTCAMP Instructor
- Bronze Medallion (Australian Surf Life Saving Association)